Raine Logo
Raine Logo Mirror

Downloads

Games

Docs

Forum

Zzap! Raine

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Jul 23 2014, 02:57 pm
+  Raine Forum
|-+  Raine
| |-+  Raine Board (Moderator: Tux)
| | |-+  The new opengl shaders
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The new opengl shaders  (Read 1403 times)
Tux
Administrator
Raine Master

The new opengl shaders
« on: Jan 23 2013, 09:06 pm »

So the upcoming versions will have support for that. Here is what the "opengl options" dialog now looks like :

It's almost completely different from the one in 0.60.0 already. So to sum up :
Rendering : rendering method to use. The one of previous versions is "drawpixels", but it doesn't allow shaders, you must choose "Texture" here as shown to be able to use shaders.
Double buffer : it replaces the sync on monitor of the previous version. Here you enable opengl double buffer which will improve animations quality. I keep it as an option because it can slow the emulation if your monitor refresh rate is < 60fps.
Save opengl screenshots : the screenshots taken from raine show the opengl screen instead of the game screen with this option. Ideal to make some shaders pictures !
Shader : allow to choose the desired shader. Technical documentation on the file format chosen, with lots of examples linked from this page.

Here are a few screenshots of the possible results, in 800x600 (800x600 because it's not exactly 3x the original resolution of the game, 256x224, so our original hq3x method could not do much here).
CRT.shader :
Original picture of the title screen (watch the pixels !) :

Now with the 5xBR Rounded.shader :

caligari-scanlines.shader:

That's all for this time !
The multi-pass rendering doesn't work, but very few shaders use it so it's not a very big deal for now, and I need to test this in windows too... !

mer-curious

Re: The new opengl shaders
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23 2013, 11:53 pm »

What a difference the 5xBR shader does to the picture!
Geoman

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: Jan 25 2013, 09:06 pm »

Shaders at last! Excellent!

I noticed that one of them displays a compile error and another one produces a black screen (the game running fine in the background) on my ASUS 7870 video card.

But the Caligari shader runs fine and produces the most realistic arcade picture on my Viesonic 19" CRT (yes.. i am still using a CRT!)

Thanks!
Tux
Administrator
Raine Master

« Reply #3 on: Jan 25 2013, 10:42 pm »

On my side I tested the compilation errors on my old intel card, very good to test errors !
For info, in linux it tries to emulate shaders by software. The result is that it rarely works, most of the time you get compilation errors, and when it works it's extremely slow !!!
In windows on the other hand the driver proudly announces that everything works fine, and you get a very nice completely white screen. I didn't bother to test more than 1 shader seeing that !  ;D
But I never expected to do anything serious in 3d with this card anyway, but it's very good to test bad conditions !

On my nvidia gtx all the shaders work perfectly of course !
JCGamer01

« Reply #4 on: Jan 31 2013, 11:57 am »

:) after testing few new thing for the openGL shader there few shader I like that can only work for my pc and it turn out great. so far I like the Scale2x.opengl.shader and keep up the great work tux :D
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.6 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines

Raine WIP

Hosting

Links

Credits

GIT