Emu France!

Raine Logo
Raine Logo Mirror

Downloads

Games

Docs

Forum

Zzap! Raine

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Nov 21 2014, 08:01 pm
+  Raine Forum
|-+  Raine
| |-+  Raine News Board (Moderators: Tux, Zaxxon1)
| | |-+  New fixes
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: New fixes  (Read 1404 times)
Tux
Administrator
Raine Master

New fixes
« on: Jun 16 2013, 09:33 am »

For neoraine :
 - no audio tracks in windows, I really wonder how this one was not reported before now ?!!!
 - fix a crash when loading a 2nd game with audio tracks

For neoraine and raine :
 - fix alignment issue when using the drawpixels opengl renderer
 - remove some debug stuff which might have slowed down opengl rendering

Well all those who seem unable to report bugs can thank mer-curious for these reports here then... !
Geoman

I'm a llama!

Re: New fixes
« Reply #1 on: Jun 16 2013, 10:29 am »

Thanks!
Huggybaby

« Reply #2 on: Jun 16 2013, 06:11 pm »

Thanks mer-curious!

I might have caught the bug Tux, but right now I'm in a place where the internet is so brutally slow (a hotel, not jail! :D) that it takes me five minutes to even make this post, and I don't have access to my Turf Masters files.
silvertrix

« Reply #3 on: Jun 18 2013, 02:03 pm »

64 a detective story - no intro sound
silvertrix

« Reply #4 on: Jun 18 2013, 02:04 pm »

Cadillas & Dinosaurs - no game sound (silence)
silvertrix

« Reply #5 on: Jun 18 2013, 02:05 pm »

Battle Shark has glitches
silvertrix

« Reply #6 on: Jun 18 2013, 02:29 pm »

Problems with Operation Bear (Operation Wolf Clone) - bad rom size tried to read 10000h bytes, got 8000h.
silvertrix

« Reply #7 on: Jun 18 2013, 03:00 pm »

Cookie & Bibi 3 - no sound

Dino REX (TAITO) - broken colors
silvertrix

« Reply #8 on: Jun 18 2013, 03:09 pm »

Metal Black has glitches

Gun Lock has a small glitch in intro (on face heroine)
Tux
Administrator
Raine Master

« Reply #9 on: Jun 18 2013, 03:19 pm »

Ok it's nice to want to report bugs, but there a few things to notice :
1) raine has a lot of graphical glitches on its taito drivers, the reason is Antiriad just abandonned them once they started to be playable, so a lot of drivers are just playable. I doubt that one day they will ever be perfect, it would require too much work. So if the glitches you are talking about are this kind of glitches, and they have been here for a very long time, then it's no need to report them.
2) A forum is probably not the best place to post a lot of small reports like this, maybe I should install a bug tracker...
3) if you report something, you must be more precise. mer-curious is perfect for his bug reports, there are even screenshots, it's super detailled. Well at least I must know how to reproduce the problem.

For metal black it's probably the game with the most graphical problems, lot of unemulated graphics functions in there.

For dino after taking a look, all the qsound cps1 games were badly converted to the new format in 0.61. This includes dino, punisher, mbomber, wof, slammast and their clones. It's now fixed, thanks !

Cookbib3 : tested on a laptop with very low sound, I didn't even notice it was missing sound ! Ok, it's fixed, I missed the "puzzle rom" !

dinorex colors : congratulations, very very old bug, actually it's from before the switch to git, probably during the taito_f2 rewrite and before that the colors were still bad in 16bpp or more anyway. I had even put a comment to say I was not sure about the color mapper, but never checked after that, and nobody did neither.
So it's a record, it's fixed now !  ;D

Operation bear : well the warning was harmless, it was just trying to read too much and it didn't affect anything, but still. It has probably always been like this... ! Congrats too then... !

For the others afaik, these are old bugs from the "Antiriad times", so it will stay as it is for now. The only one which bothers me for now is the demo sound of 64street not playing, it shouldn't happen and it should be easy, but I don't know what happens here. Should investigate more one day...

Anyway, thanks for all your reports !
« Last Edit: Jun 18 2013, 06:07 pm by Tux »
silvertrix

« Reply #10 on: Jun 19 2013, 01:59 pm »

No problem. :) If I have more time I find other bugs and I report it, like: Battle Garegga (in HK and Chinese clones) has bad roms in test mode (text and color ram). See you later. Kindly Regards  ;)
silvertrix

« Reply #11 on: Jun 19 2013, 02:32 pm »

Armed Police Bartrider has a small glitch, very annoying. This glitch appear when I using special weapon or If my ship  player explode, it's look like a cubes formation in right uppon corner.  :-\
silvertrix

« Reply #12 on: Jun 19 2013, 02:47 pm »

And Arkanoid 2 has a bad music, it's very annouying and artificial . Maybe It's my suggestion  ;)
When I load Operation Bear I have a raine message the same in my last yesterday post. :)
Tux
Administrator
Raine Master

« Reply #13 on: Jun 19 2013, 02:50 pm »

For battle garegga, I suppose you are talking about the message which says that text.bin has a bad crc ?
Well it's simply because you must get the latest mame set here (named bgaregga) and use it as battleg.zip for raine, so that it finds the rom with the right crc.
Actually it's a non issue, I have played with the old romset for years, the one with the bad crc, without noticing any problem, but I guess there is probably something somewhere... ! It's in a graphical rom anyway.

I guess I should update this to use the same name as mame one day to avoid confusion, but it's not really a problem anyway.

Hey stop spamming the forum, try to make 1 big posts instead of a thousand little ones in the same thread.
For arkanoid, its music is like that, I like the ending music though, especially for arkanoid 2.
For operation bear it's fixed here, but not for you of course !
For batrider, don't know, since I would need to play and investigate, and I won't do that now, sorry, too busy elsewhere.
« Last Edit: Jun 19 2013, 02:53 pm by Tux »
silvertrix

« Reply #14 on: Jun 19 2013, 03:26 pm »

Ok, sorry. My fault :)
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines

Raine WIP

Hosting

Links

Credits