Raine Logo
Raine Logo Mirror

Downloads

Games

Docs

Forum

Zzap! Raine

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 24 2014, 07:42 pm
+  Raine Forum
|-+  Raine
| |-+  Raine News Board (Moderators: Tux, Zaxxon1)
| | |-+  And the fix of previous version !
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: And the fix of previous version !  (Read 705 times)
Tux
Administrator
Raine Master

And the fix of previous version !
« on: Jul 11 2013, 09:20 pm »

Here is 0.62.5, it fixes a stupid bug which affected the sound of more or less all cps1 games (my fault entirely, too much heat probably !), and the dipswitches of batsugun (old bug from before 2009).
Sorry for those who tried 0.62.4.
And there is a known bug if you use -gameinfo on pang3 or its clones, it will report a bad size for rom pa3_11.11f. Just ignore it for now, it will be fixed in 0.63.

And debian package uploaded !
« Last Edit: Jul 11 2013, 09:35 pm by Tux »
mer-curious

Re: And the fix of previous version !
« Reply #1 on: Jul 12 2013, 01:44 am »

Hi, Tux.

1) I guess I've found a crash in Raine 0.62.5. Here's the way to reproduce it:

load a NeoGeo Rom, like KOF '96 or '97, then come to GUI and load a NGCD game, like KOF '98 or '99. Raine should immediately crash.

I tried many NG/NGCD combinations here and it would always crash, so I don't  think it's speficic to any game.

2) If you load a CPS1/2 game and then load a NGCD one, colors will get messed up, like this:

In this case, I had loaded Captain Commando and then changed to KOF '98 for NGCD.

3) GUI options that could get a better naming (like I'm suggesting below):

"Load NeoCD game"
"NeoCD/NeoGeo options"

4) "Select" word got all capitalized in the NGCD inputs after your last edit. It should be the first letter only.

5) Update the (c) year for 2013 in the "About..." screen.

That's it for now.

Thanks for this new version and for your hard work.

PS: all my settings are as default. The only thing I changed was the bios version to Unibios 3.0
Tux
Administrator
Raine Master

« Reply #2 on: Jul 12 2013, 04:10 am »

mer_curious : Well I'd call this "cheating to find bugs", because I never thought about going from roms to neocd in the same session, but you are right, it should work, so I'll fix this for next release, but they are not critical at least !

EDIT : your points after 2 are really the love of details ! Anyway it's fixed ok. I am not 100% sure about the fix for 2, it's a corruption because the 1st upload command of games like kof99 (neocd) uses uninitialised data apparently, so it's supposed to fail, but if ram has not been cleared before then it can do anything and corrupt a lot of things like your colors. So I just cleared ram (I did that before writing the neogeo driver, but I thought it was not necessary anymore), we'll see if it's really fixed everywhere...
« Last Edit: Jul 12 2013, 05:46 am by Tux »
silvertrix

« Reply #3 on: Jul 12 2013, 06:30 am »

Forgotten Worlds (All Versions)- I can't rotate player about 360 degrees, only shoot.
Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting (Japan 921209) - Insert Coin can't work;
All Street Fighter II games in my previous post still can't work  :(
I have found a title graphic missing on Pang 3 (Japan 950511), I will send a photo to your email.
Tux
Administrator
Raine Master

« Reply #4 on: Jul 12 2013, 07:14 am »

Forgotten worlds : my fault, not tested. The surprise is that it's much more enjoyable than last time I tested it, which was a very long time ago anyway. It should be played with a hand on the keyboard and the other on the mouse normally, but it can be played using 2 keys to aim higher or lower (much harder). Anyway it's working now.

sf2hfj : had no inputs, my bad, need to check this one on another machine to  be 100% sure it's ok. EDIT : it's checked, it's ok, but it's entering test mode super fast when selected in the dipswitches.
All street fighters on the other post : I disagree, sf2m2 is working fine for me, as well as sf2m3 (which was quite horrible), sf2m4, sf2m8 (these 4 are well tested).
sf2ue : my bad, missed that it was like sf2ee.
sf2dongb : ok, I missed the protection. This one was very hard to find !

Anyway I'll be sure to add an option in the gui to display the short names of the games when you select them,  for now they are just reported at the bottom of the screen once loaded, it's much easier with the short names. EDIT : it's done, the result might be overloaded a little, but it's very handy to select a game like sf2m2 !

« Last Edit: Jul 12 2013, 02:23 pm by Tux »
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.6 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines

Raine WIP

Hosting

Links

Credits

GIT