Raine Logo
Raine Logo Mirror

Downloads

Games

Docs

Forum

Zzap! Raine

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 31 2014, 09:43 am
+  Raine Forum
|-+  Raine
| |-+  Raine News Board (Moderators: Tux, Zaxxon1)
| | |-+  Raine 0.62.6 !
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Raine 0.62.6 !  (Read 2013 times)
Tux
Administrator
Raine Master

Raine 0.62.6 !
« on: Jul 12 2013, 11:22 pm »

I thought the 0.62 serie would end at 0.62.3, and here is 0.62.6 !
But this one will be the last, at lest for a while because the heat is coming back starting tomorrow and for a while !

It's again about fixes and improvements :
 - fixed problems when passing from arcade to neocd and back...
 - fixed minor text descriptions
 - fixed these cps1 games : sf2dongb, sf2ue, sf2hfj, forgottn and its clones
 - gameinfo should now work perfectly even with pang3 (no more bad size reported)
 - you can now display also the short names of the games in the game selection dialog, they'll appear in red and the setting is saved. The default is to hide them.
 - the usage of the keyboard is more clever in the dialogs now : if no occurence of what you type is found at the beginning of any entry, then it looks for a substring. It allows to select a game like "Street Fighter II': Champion Edition (M2, bootleg)" just by typing m2 ! (or sf2m2 if you enable short names). We are close to 1000 games now, and it was time to improve things for the selection of games...
 - history.dat isn't anymore in the debian package to make it smaller, but now if you choose "about this game" in the "about" dialog and there is no history.dat, then you'll get a message detailling how to install it, and proposing to open their website for you ! It's done according to their advice, it's some great work, everybody using raine should also use this file !

That's all for now, I return to summer ! :)
(thanks to mer_curious and silvertrix for their bug reports !)
« Last Edit: Jul 12 2013, 11:29 pm by Tux »
Huggybaby

Re: Raine 0.62.6 !
« Reply #1 on: Jul 13 2013, 12:27 am »

Thanks Tux, very nice fixes! And the history.dat work is appreciated!
silvertrix

« Reply #2 on: Jul 13 2013, 05:15 am »

I got problem with pang3 (Pang 3 Euro 950511) - don't load the game, only open test menu. :(
and sf2m2 - I got a Black screen after roms checksum and don't work anymore (m3 to m8 work great).

Where is a sf2m1 ?
« Last Edit: Jul 13 2013, 05:54 am by silvertrix »
Tux
Administrator
Raine Master

« Reply #3 on: Jul 13 2013, 09:37 am »

Good day to you too ! :)

Well you'll have to explain yourself better this time because I have no problem with these games at all.
pang3 : you mean test mode ? Works great for me, what does it do for you ?
sf2m2 : you mean the quick hardware check the game does when the game is run with the text in the middle of the screen ? After that you have a black screen ?

I don't say you don't have these problems, they might be related to uninitialized values in ram which are harmless for me and not for you, but I'd like more details here.

A last idea : for sf2m2, tell me where your black screen is : when you have it and your game is stuck, open the console and type "pc" and the return key (without the quotes), and tell me the 2nd result (the one with a $ in front of it). If it's $5c6, then type irq and return key again, then pc and return key, and give me the new result, thanks !
« Last Edit: Jul 13 2013, 09:54 am by Tux »
silvertrix

« Reply #4 on: Jul 13 2013, 10:14 am »

pang 3 shows only specific test menu screen and I can't exit from this to region screen (it's only repeat and don't react with the inputs)and can't play with this game. It's stuck, maybe it's a problem with driver . sf2m2 shows only guick checksum rom test (only show work ram without scr 1,2,3 and object ram)(other "m" series bootlegs have them), and it's freeze (don't react with inputs and shows nothing only text below - "speed hack not found, slowing down..." - I have the same problem with other CPS 1 roms in 63.03 version of Raine before fixed in 63.04, I test with other multi emus like FBA and works great for me) :-\
Results from the console:
Pang 3 133858 ($20ae2)
SF2M2  788096 ($c0680)
« Last Edit: Jul 13 2013, 10:58 am by silvertrix »
Tux
Administrator
Raine Master

« Reply #5 on: Jul 13 2013, 11:51 am »

Ok, for sf2m2 it was just un uninitialized bit, it's fixed.
For pang3, it's your fault, you just need to set the "game mode" dipswitch to game before trying to exit from the test mode !
silvertrix

« Reply #6 on: Jul 13 2013, 12:16 pm »

Pang 3 - work great when I change to game mode on dipswitches.  My fault and sorry for my latest post.  :P
« Last Edit: Jul 13 2013, 12:30 pm by silvertrix »
Tux
Administrator
Raine Master

« Reply #7 on: Jul 13 2013, 10:30 pm »

By the way if you want to test sf2m2 with this version, just load a game which initializes this "hidden dipswitch" correctly before loading sf2m2. Almost all cps1 games do that, including forgottn, dynwar, strider, willow, 1941, etc... etc...
You don't even need to start the game, just load it and once it's loaded, load sf2m2.

It's just bad luck on your system, here I couldn't reproduce this bug in win7 or in linux, it depends on what there was in RAM just before...
silvertrix

« Reply #8 on: Jul 14 2013, 05:13 am »

And Could you check these roms : kageki, kbash, kbash2. I can't play with these games after test mode screen (freeze or don't response with inputs), I check dipswitches and It's not working at all. :-\
Tux
Administrator
Raine Master

« Reply #9 on: Jul 14 2013, 10:51 am »

kbash and kbash2 broken since december 2011, a modification which was never tested and which was obviously wrong, it's fixed.
For kageki it's more complicated, the controls pass through the sound chip and for some reason get lost here. It worked once, but with a horrible hack, and only partially. This would take time to fix it, and I don't want to spend this time now. Anyway it's been broken for a very long time !
silvertrix

« Reply #10 on: Jul 14 2013, 08:02 pm »

Ok, thanks. I have a problem with "finalb" - lack of graphic. Could you check this game ? :)
Tux
Administrator
Raine Master

« Reply #11 on: Jul 14 2013, 08:06 pm »

No not now, I received this by mail already.
It's the taito f2 driver, totally different from what I currently have my mind on. You should have sent this when this driver was totally rewritten, quite a long time ago now.
I'll check this, but later.
mer-curious

« Reply #12 on: Jul 14 2013, 11:41 pm »

Hi, Tux. Thanks for the new version.

Here's a quick feedback for version 0.62.6:

I'm still having messed up colors when changing from a CPS1/2 or NG driver to NGCD games.

I'm seeing graphic glitches in The Last Blade 2 for NGCD in the character select screen.

Take a look at these gray blocks:

Don't remember seeing this in the last version.

Finally, inputs for NG roms and NGCD games got somewhat confusing because the commands seem to have been arranged in alphabetical order. If you want to make a new rearrangement, you could check my suggestions in here.

Thank you again for your hard work.
Tux
Administrator
Raine Master

« Reply #13 on: Jul 15 2013, 04:58 am »

I had some doubts on the fix of this bug (bad colors) because I could never reproduce it. Windows specific again ? I'll try this option...

Last blade 2 : need to re-download this one, later...

Keys : I don't find them "confusing" this way, just different, and maybe better ! :)

And checking this will take time, but since you don't seem to have much free time currently you'll probably not even notice ! :)

EDIT : I found the gray squares, it was rather surprising : it's a difference between neogeo emulation and neocd emulation. In neogeo you must display sprites of color bank 0, otherwise the scrolling text in samsho disappears (and probably some other things in some other games). In neocd they must be filtered out or you see these gray squares in last blade 2 ! I'll double check this later because it's very strange, from what I know about neocd and neogeo, it shouldn't happen.
While searching for this, I found a super heavy crash in linux, don't know if it can happen in windows: load captcomm or any cps1/cps2 game probably, start it, then load neocd game 1 (for example kof99), start it and once at the menu load neocd game2 (in my case it was pulstar) : super crash due to corruption. Very hard to find, it seems to be fixed now.
And for the bad colors, it's 100% specific to windows, but easily reproducable using wine in linux (to run the windows version), so it should not be too hard to fix, I'll check this later...

And later at night : well it felt like a good idea to take a fresh beer in all that heat and take a look at these bugs. Well the "bad colors" was a trivial bug after all, no luck (the fact that it was only in windows was pure luck, it was because of ram organization). And I chose a different fix for the gray square, something which can work in neogeo and neocd, which makes more sense, even if I am not 100% sure it's correct, it's a small risk, if I am wrong only 1 sprite will go missing, but for now everything seems correct and last blade 2 is fixed.
I won't release now, because weather too warm, and with a beer maybe it's not a good idea, but probably tomorrow, it was not so hard after all ! :)
« Last Edit: Jul 15 2013, 09:12 pm by Tux »
Tux
Administrator
Raine Master

« Reply #14 on: Jul 15 2013, 08:21 am »

Just noticed last hope is now avail from gametronik, cool ! :)

EDIT : if you have not tested it yet, it's a good time !
Impressions so far : music really good, probably the best I ever heard in a neocd game, for once you know why it's from a cd track ! Game really hard, pulstar is like a walk in the park compared to this one, but really well done, with a lot of options.
Overall : really good !
« Last Edit: Jul 15 2013, 09:20 pm by Tux »
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines

Raine WIP

Hosting

Links

Credits

GIT